Rolex Day-Date 18K Yellow Gold and Diamond Dial Bezel Wristwatch
A 1980s Rolex Day-Date 18K yellow gold wristwatch featuring an aftermarket diamond bezel and a factory diamond black dial. The watch features a day dial at the twelfth hour and a date dial at the third hour position with a magnified area over it.
To the verso of the case, it is engraved ‘Walter Bush The Greatest Partner In The World Dennis Hecker 12-3-88’. According to an article from Automative News, Walter Bush helped Dennis Hecker purchase the Minneapolis Automative Auction, and it was successful under their partnership.
EBTH certifies this item is from the private collection of personal property formerly owned by Walter Lewis Bush, Jr.
Dial Markings: Rolex Oyster Perpetual Day-Date Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified Swiss Made
Bezel Metal and Crystal Type: 18K Yellow Gold; Sapphire Crystal
Caseback Metal Type: 18K Yellow Gold
Movement: Model 18038
Estimated Production Year: 1980s
Markings On Back: Engraved: ‘Walter Bush The Greatest Partner In The World Dennis Hecker 12-3-88’
Functions: Day and Date Calendar Windows
Material: 18K Yellow Gold
Style/Type: Rolex President Bracelet
Clasp Style: Crown Concealed Clasp
Markings on Bracelet: Rolex 750, Minerva Hallmark, Geneve Swiss Made 18K
Bracelet Length: 8.125’
Shape: (2) Baguette Cut and (8) Single Cut
Color Grade: F – H
Clarity Grade: VVS2 – VS1
Dimensions: 3.00 mm x 1.25 mm and 1.30 mm
Total Carat Weight: 0.15 ctw
Shape: Round Brilliant Cut
Color Grade: H – I
Clarity Grade: SI2 – I1
Dimensions: 1.70 mm
Total Carat Weight: 0.88 ctw
Gemologist Note: Two Diamonds are Damaged
Watchmaker Code: CINCMEW
Gemologist Code: CINNH
- Timekeeping accuracy not guaranteed.
- This item has been evaluated and verified by an independent Certified Master Electronic Watchmaker and a Graduate Gemologist.
- EBTH assumes all watches unisex and does not specify the gender of a piece. For size reference, please see the case measurements of the piece listed under Dimensions.
- All diamond and gemstone grading is done under GIA standards as the mounting permits, where gemstones are present; where mountings impede accurate measurements, (estimated) dimensions are provided. All weights and measurements are estimated and approximate; where mountings impede accurate measurements, a calculated estimate is provided. Industry standard and accepted treatments for gemstones are assumed unless otherwise noted.
- Secondhand jewelry may contain minor markings/imperfections throughout.
- While we represent items accurately on our site to the best of our ability, the color calibration of computer monitors can vary, causing colors to appear slightly different from one monitor to another. Due to this, please note that precise color representation of metal and gemstones is not always possible.
- running at time of cataloging
- crystal is nicked, dent on middle lug
- watch measures 4380 mm lug to lug and 36.00 mm case to case
- watch band measures 8.125" including the case
- total approximate item weight is 91.60 dwt, inclusive of all materials