1955 Alva Studio Statue After Michelangelo Buonarroti's Moses
A circa 1955 chalk statue by Alva Studio. This is a reproduction of the 1505 statue of Moses by Michelangelo Buonarroti in the church of San Pietro in Vincolo. This depicts Moses, in draped robes seated partially sideways, with two horns on his head taken from a description from Exodus. It is presented on a rectangular wooden base. There is an incised ‘1955 Alva Studio’ on the reverse. Alva was known for making museum reproductions.
- losses, wear, and scratches.