Portrait Oil Painting of Formally Dressed Gentleman, 19th Century
Untitled (formally dressed gentleman), 19th century
Oil painting with varnish on canvas
- Item not examined outside of mounting
- Please note, this frame is highly fragile. Some restoration should be expected. Please consider this before bidding.
- Please note, if the warehouse transfer to Cincinnati option is selected by the winning bidder, the item will be available in Cincinnati for pickup after three business days after payment has been finalized.
- shows signs under UV light of inpainting repairs and possible patching of canvas; craquelure, scuffs, accretions, and small spots of flaked loss to paint and varnish; buckling to canvas; significant cracks, chips, and flaked loss to gold-toned composite accents and veneer of frame; abrasions, scratches, scuffs, discoloration, and accretions to frame.
- measurements of frame; sight measures 10.5" W x 12.5" H.