Sidney Chafetz Satirical Lithograph "The Most Qualified Jurist in America," 1998
Sidney “Sid” Chafetz (Columbus, Ohio, 1922 – 2013)
The Most Qualified Jurist in America, 1998
Color lithograph on paper
Born in Rhode Island, Chafetz studied at the Rhode Island School of Design in 1940. His education was interrupted and he was called to serve in the United States Army during World War II. Afterward, he returned to his studies at RISD and graduated in 1947. Sid later studied at L’École Americaine des Beaux-Arts and Académie Julian under Fernand Léger. He received a teaching post at Ohio State University and helped establish a strong printmaking program. After forty years, Sid retired to focus on his own art and exhibiting. He was the recipient of the Fulbright Fellowship, Ford Foundation Grant, and a Louis Comfort Tiffany Award. His works can be found in many collections such as the Cleveland Museum of Art, Museum of Modern Art, Library of Congress, and more.
- Please note, this is an item that may be especially difficult to move and/or transport. The winner is responsible for bringing appropriate assistance, vehicle, proper materials, and any necessary tools to pickup. International shipping may be restricted.
- Item not examined outside of mounting
- Please note, if the warehouse transfer to Cincinnati option is selected by the winning bidder, the item will be available in Cincinnati for pickup after three business days after payment has been finalized.
- slight buckling to artwork; flecks of loose debris present between mat and the acrylic glazing of frame; small scratches, scuffs, and accretions scattered to acrylic glazing and bars of frame.
- measurements of frame; image measures 37.75" W x 27.75" H.