LeRoy Neiman Serigraph "New York City Marathon," Circa 1980
LeRoy Neiman (American, 1921 – 2012)
New York City Marathon, circa 1980
Serigraph on paper
Signed to the lower right margin
Numbered 1 of 50 artist proof edition
Both highly acclaimed and criticized, Neiman is internationally known for his bright, bold, semi-abstract Impressionistic depictions of sporting events, athletes, and prominent public figures. He studied art and painting at the Art Institute of Chicago, De Paul University, and the University of Illinois. He was an instructor at the Art Institute of Chicago for ten years. His works are represented in the permanent collections of numerous prestigious institutions, including the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C.; the Print Club of Albany; Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art; University of Wyoming Art Museum; The National Art Museum of Sport, Inc.;Tucson Museum of Art, and the Hermitage in Leningrad, among many others.
- Please note, this is an item that may be especially difficult to move and/or transport. Unless the shipping option is selected, the winner is responsible for bringing appropriate assistance, vehicle, proper materials, and any necessary tools to pickup.
- Item not examined outside of mounting
- Please note, if the warehouse transfer to Cincinnati option is selected by the winning bidder, the item will be available in Cincinnati for pickup after three business days after payment has been finalized.
- significant buckling to artwork and matting within frame, with the fabric-lined mat coming along the upper right quadrant; discoloration, stains, and accretions to fabric lined matting, most significantly to the lower region; significant tears, peeling, and loss of most of the white synthetic veneer of frame; abrasions, scratches, scuffs, and accretions to frame and white acrylic veneer.
- measurements of frame; image measures approximately 30.5" W x 24.5" H.