Silk Occasion Dresses with Lace Overlays in Off-White and Periwinkle Blue, 1930s
Sleeveless dress: purple silk bias cut slip gown with periwinkle blue gored lace and mesh overlay; boning to the the bodice with woven grosgrain ribbon detail; interior grosgrain waist tape.
Jacket dress: gored silk slip gown under an off-white fitted lace overlay; contrast golden taffeta hem panel to skirt; short sleeve open front lace jacket.
|Type||Evening Dress, Gown|
|Materials||Silk, Lace, Mesh, Taffeta|
|Additional Information||Both garments retain vintage metal Talon (mid-late 1930s era) side zipper closures. A wooden hanger marked, “For Evening Gowns The Roosevelt Hotel New York City” is included.|
- Secondhand clothing, handbags and accessories may retain minor imperfections throughout including residual scent from storage and age. Any measurements provided are approximate.
- both garments: textile aging and wear; brittle lace with areas of tearing and loss; fragile condition with limited wearability; functional for display or educational purposes only.
- sleeveless dress: variant discoloration; tearing to lace; staining along the bodice edge; one strap is partially detached and held in place with a safety pin; abrasion with frays along the hem edge.
- jacket dress: variant discoloration; scattered foxing stains; staining at the armscyes; minor abrasion along the hem.
- purple/blue sleeveless dress: measurements taken on slip gown underlay, 30" bust, 23" waist, 43" center back length from zipper top.
- off-white lace jacket: 12.5" shoulders, 18" length from center back neckline to sleeve end, open bust, 14" center back length.
- off-white sleeveless dress: 32" bust, 24" waist, 45" center back length.