Art Nouveau 14K Diamond Belcher Ring with Swallows
The “Belcher” ring owes its namesake to boxing legend Jem Belcher who was an English bare knuckle boxing champion in the early 1800s. The rings have a unique setting where the prongs are cut into the mounting while a stone is placed in the center recess. Thus creating a design where the center stone is raised to create extra prominence.
|Style:||Art Nouveau, Antique|
|Total Weight (grams):||2.30|
|Primary Stone Type:||Diamond|
|Primary Stone Shape:||Old European Cut|
|Primary Stone Count:||1|
|Primary Stone Dimensions:||3.45 mm|
|Total Primary Stone Carat Weight:||0.15 ct|
|Primary Stone Color Grade:||M – N|
|Primary Stone Clarity Grade:||VS2 – SI1|
- This item has been evaluated and verified by a GIA Graduate Gemologist.
- All diamond and gemstone grading is done under GIA standards as the mounting permits, where gemstones are present; where mountings impede accurate measurements, (estimated) dimensions are provided. All weights and measurements are estimated and approximate. Industry standard and accepted treatments for gemstones are assumed unless otherwise noted.
- Pre-owned jewelry may contain minor markings/imperfections throughout.
- While we represent items accurately on our site to the best of our ability, the color calibration of computer monitors can vary, causing colors to appear slightly different from one monitor to another. Due to this, please note that precise color representation of metal and gemstones is not always possible.
- previously sized and has demarcation lines inside shank.