Victorian Black Mourning Wrapper Dress and Cotton Petticoat
|Materials||Fabric Content Not Labeled|
|Period||Late 19th Century, Antique|
|Additional Information||A less ornate mourning dress indicative of the early stages of grieving in the Victorian Era. Petticoat is not original to the dress.|
- Secondhand clothing, handbags and accessories may contain minor imperfections throughout. Any measurements provided are of the actual garment laid flat.
- dress: right back pleats have come unstitched; areas of tearing and shattering to fabric; spotted soiling; staining to the lining; loose stitching.
- petticoat: staining; tear to buttonhole and tearing around the waist closure areas; missing button closure.
- dress: measures 34.0" bust, 28.0" waist, 59.0" center back length.
- petticoat: measures 22.0" waist, 37.0" length.